Digital Factory is the area created in the FCA Bank group which has been promoting the culture of open innovation within the company since 2020. To reach this purpose, the Digital Factory has entered into a collaboration with I3P - Politecnico di Torino and has been included in the "Start & Pulse" program of Credit Agricole Consumer Finance.
After the success of last year's first Call for Startup, the Digital Factory launches its second edition with the aim of seeking innovative solutions that can support and speed up the innovation processes already started by Leasys and Leasys Rent.
Specifically, the following application areas are considered of particular interest:
● Customer-centric solutions that exploit Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics to improve customer knowledge, their pre and post sales experience, also enhancing their autonomy
● Data-mining and Artificial Intelligence solutions to collect and process data from vehicles or provide tools to analyze customer characteristics to make customized commercial offers
● Knowledge management solutions (to improve document management in internal and external processes) to improve the management of corporate know-how and make information easily accessible to both internal operators and external users
The Call is aimed at the Subjects listed below and in possession of the following Requirements:
● Established company, possibly with trained and dedicated assets, resources and teams.
● If located in the Italian territory, a company registered in the special section of the business register and in possession of the requirements of "innovative startup" referred to in Article 25 of Decree-Law no. 179/2012.
● If located in the Italian territory and not an innovative startup, a company registered in the special section of the business register and in possession of the requirements of "innovative SME" referred to in Article 4 of Decree-Law no. 3/2015.
Candidates may be in one of the following maturity stages:
● “Revenue stage”: the company generates turnover.
● “Pre-revenue stage”: the company does not generate turnover.
In particular, Subjects who are in the "Pre-revenue stage" maturity stage can apply if they are in one of the following development phases:
● “Ready to market”: product / service ready to enter the market and for which its integration considerably improves existing functions and / or enables new ones and / or opens new market segments.
● “Validated prototype”: there is a working prototype, tested and validated by some “prospect” and for which its integration considerably improves the existing functions and / or enables new ones and / or opens new market segments.
● “Prototype”: there is a first prototype made in the laboratory and not yet validated and for which its integration considerably improves the existing functions and / or enables new ones and / or opens up new market segments.
● "Idea": it is an innovative idea that can be created and launched on the market exclusively with a unique and distinctive concept, capable of translating into a prototype by 2022.
Participation in the Digital Factory initiative is free. The project application must be sent by 25 February 2022 at 23:59 on the dedicated website https://digitalfactory.leasys.com.
To apply for your project, you need to access the site, read the notice of the initiative and fill out the Application Form in all its parts.
The initiative "Digital Factory" intends to explore existing innovations at European level that can support Leasys and Leasys Rent in their path of digitalization and customer support. Specifically, the following application areas are considered of particular interest:
● Customer-centric solutions that leverage Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics in order to:
- Improve customer awareness during pre and post sales experience, also empowering the customer autonomy.
- Accelerate customer onboarding. Allowing the customer to autonomously enter the information necessary to conclude the purchase phase.
- Make rental contact management self-service.
- Make access to services and information easier for customers.
- Call management tools to facilitate the work of customer care operator. E.g. automatic reply solutions to e-mails, in case of known call reasons, or automatic transcription solutions, in case of voice calls.
● Data-mining and Artificial Intelligence solutions in order to:
- Collect and process data from vehicles to improve customer awareness and improve vehicle management.
- Tools to analyse customer profiles in order to make personalised commercial offers.
● Knowledge management solutions to improve document management in internal and external processes:
- Improving the management of corporate knowledge using digital tools that collect and classify the information produced by processes.
- Making information easily accessible to both internal operators and external users.
- Automating and accelerating internal processes that require verification of documentation.
- Anticipate customer queries and accelerate answers. E.g. through a structured organisation of FAQs on the web site.
● Other innovative solutions linked to the strategic objectives of the Leasys group
The evaluation criteria used by the Evaluation Committee and the Jury, in the respective evaluation phases, are organized into the following macro-categories:
• robustness of the company and credibility of the team;
• proposal for Leasys in the following points: feasibility of the proposal (how much it can integrate with the Leasys reality), time horizon necessary for its completion, impact of the proposal (value created for Leasys and the Group companies);
• area of interest of the solution (application area).
The "Security Solution Design Document" is a document that is requested when filling out the application form for the "Digital Factory" initiative.
In this document, the candidate must describe the software and hardware architecture of the proposed solution, with a focus on the security measures.
The uploading of the "Security Solution Design Document" during the application phase allows the Evaluation Committee to respond to one of the Evaluation Criteria (see Art. 10 of the call for proposals), i.e. the adherence of the software and hardware architecture of the proposed solution with the security and data protection requirements which are considered mandatory by Leasys.
The document will be requested as an integration, during the evaluation phase of the collected applications, if it was not already provided during the application phase (filling in the form).
The participants in the Digital Factory initiative will have the opportunity to get in touch with the Leasys and the Group's subsidiaries: in fact, the initiative is the first step of knowledge between the parties involved.
Specifically, the participant who successfully passes the selection phase will have the opportunity to obtain resources from FCA Bank to develop a Proof-of-Concept (PoC), to test and demonstrate in the field the feasibility of the use case presented, in line with the areas of interest of Leasys.
For further information on the protection of privacy and confidentiality of data provided to apply for Digital Factory, please refer to the official notice of the initiative and more specifically to its Art. 12 and 15.